Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

orange blinking

What does the orange blinking light mean on the airport extreme?

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:27 PM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 8:31 PM in response to lorismail

It means that the AirPort Extreme has a message for you.

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the picture of the AirPort Extreme and a smaller window will appear

If there is an Update button there, click it

Otherwise, look for the Status setting and click on the small amber dot there for the message

What does it say?

Aug 4, 2015 9:32 PM in response to lorismail

Sorry, on an Apple forum, we are guilty of assuming that most folks are using a Mac. Things are different on a PC.

Let's start all over again.

What model of AirPort Extreme are you asking about?........a "tower" shaped.....or"flat and square" shaped......or "round or dome" shaped? If you have a "tower" shaped AirPort Extreme, you cannot use a PC to set up or administer the AirPort. You must use a Mac or an iPhone or iPad.

Is this a new AirPort Extreme that has not ever been set up before?

or

Was the AirPort Extreme working OK with a green light before, and it now is blinking amber?

Did you go through the setup process of naming a wireless network, assigning a password, etc on the AirPort Extreme?

Aug 4, 2015 9:50 PM in response to lorismail

Tower, 802.11ac Model A1521. This was set up by an audio guy to get the apple tv to work. I reset the wireless to get the printer to connect. The light has been green & now amber blinking. I unplugged it to fix it & that did not help. I'm at a loss... I've serched support for answers & it says it most likely has a message or something but in the mean time I've lost wireless connection. The computer did not prompt me to start the process of naming. The computer is seeing the wireless connection but our phones & Mac lap tops are not.

orange blinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.