Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer was working fine until I took the battery out to deal with an issue. When I put it back in, my computer no longer reads the battery (an X appears over the battery icon).

My computer was working fine until I took the battery out to deal with an issue. When I put it back in, my computer no longer reads the battery (an X appears over the battery icon).

The battery is an Anker (3rd party battery). Previously, I had no problems with the battery, but I took it out because my trackpad was no longer clicking. When I put the battery back in and rebooted my computer, my computer no longer recognized the battery. The battery icon has an X and the computer runs slowly.

Unfortunately, I did have a brain **** and DID NOT use plastic (used metal) to remove the battery connector from the logic board and am worried that these may have shorted the computer.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:34 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 4:46 AM in response to monkeyman28

monkeyman28 wrote:

Unfortunately, I did have a brain **** and DID NOT use plastic (used metal) to remove the battery connector from the logic board and am worried that these may have shorted the computer.

Yes, that may have been the death knell.

Try a SMC reset:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Go to System Information>Power and post this from your MBP:

(make certain that the charger is connected)

User uploaded file

Ciao.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.