Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS app citizenship, app rights, interfering with other apps audio output

It seems that ever since I started using the Uber Partner app instead of the standalone device (when they started charging me $43/month), I have had a really hard time getting dependable audible alerts on Lyft, and sometimes on Uber.

It seems especially whenever I attempt to provide Uber's Spotify integration or listen to music or nav directions through my Apple iPhone through the car Bluetooth, headset, USB data cable, or AUX cable, or try to use Apple CarPlay.

I need to do something to regain control over my audio output, and get my Lyft audio alerts. My Lyft acceptance rate has gone way down since adopting the Uber partner app.

Does anybody know if the Apple Watch will give any kind of alert at all, from Lyft or Uber Partner app, or from their text messages, for Lyft requests or Uber requests?

It would be useful to have a very simple test in both the Lyft app and the Uber Partner app of what the audio alert will currently sound like, so that you do not waste minutes or hours waiting for requests that you never actually hear.

Does anybody know what is actually wrong? And which company is most appropriate to fix the problem, Uber, Lyft, or Apple? Does Apple have any kind of rules at all about what a private party app is allowed to do in terms of interfering with other apps sound output?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, Can IOS apps interfere with others?

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 8:05 PM

There are no replies.

IOS app citizenship, app rights, interfering with other apps audio output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.