Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot organise or consolidate music in itunes 12

I recently had a hard drive failure. I managed to use my ipod to retrieve my media. I am now using iTunes 12 and I can see all my songs and playlists in the software, however I want to sort out a back up file of my media from the iTunes library. Unfortunately when I go to the iTunes media folder there is a folder for music but it dones't contain all of my songs, it only has a few folders. I then tried to go to the library menu in iTunes to organise and consolidate it, but when I go to ther drop down it only has "Turn on home sharing" and Download album artwork", there is nothing to do with organising.

II thought about backing up from the ipod but when I plug that in although it is recognised and the content comes up, in the summary drop down there is no option to back up.

Any ideas guys?

iPod classic (120 GB), Windows 7

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 9:46 PM

4 replies

Aug 5, 2015 1:58 AM in response to Sonnypest

Use Ctrl+B to enable the menu bar if required, check you have the correct/desired media folder listed under Edit > Preferences > Advanced, then use File > Library > Organize Library... Tick both boxes (or the one that isn't greyed out) and click OK.

See also:

Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows

Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy

tt2

Cannot organise or consolidate music in itunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.