Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5k iMac R9 m295x driver in bootcamp win10

So I updated my Bootcamp installation to Windows 10 yesterday, and it looks like MS uninstalled the AMD driver (which is fine). I went to the AMD site and downloaded driver 15.7.1. After the download finished and the installation began, the installer told me something to the effect of "no valid driver could be found for your system". After this failed, I ran the automatic driver detection app (yes, even though it warns not to do this for Bootcamp installations), and the same thing happened. Finally, once that failed, I booted back into OS X and used the Bootcamp utility to download the "Support Software" which includes the AMD driver that Apple has deemed to be correct. After I booted back into Windows 10, that installer seemed to run successfully, but I couldn't use the Catalyst Control Center to adjust any settings. My desktop resolution shot up to 4k, but I couldn't change the screen resolution. I also couldn't change the resolution in any games. It seems like the driver only partially installed.

It's a joke already that we're still stuck with a now ancient graphic driver (running 14.301.1010..) which restricts this machine to it's bare. I don't understand why (being the driver is already complete and functional for normal PC) it's taking so long to readjust it? An expensive machine with cheap, if not no support. It would be at least reassuring to get a statement from Apple about any future potential bootcamp drivers.

iMac with Retina 5K display, Other OS, windows 10

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 12:46 AM

12 replies

Aug 5, 2015 4:57 AM in response to Earth2004

Earth2004 wrote:

It's a joke already that we're still stuck with a now ancient graphic driver (running 14.301.1010..) which restricts this machine to it's bare. I don't understand why (being the driver is already complete and functional for normal PC) it's taking so long to readjust it? An expensive machine with cheap, if not no support. It would be at least reassuring to get a statement from Apple about any future potential bootcamp drivers.

Normal PC and the 5K cards are different and Apple modified these to support their own extensions. You can either rollback to W8.1 or live with the current state.

For the brave and adventurous, who do not mind scraping their knuckles, there is Re: Bootcamp and windows 10 - have you upgraded? .

Apple's statement will be made on System requirements to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support page. Keep an eye.

Aug 5, 2015 9:41 PM in response to Loner T

I see you are active in community and helps a lot. Rather than rollback to windows 8.1, here is a much more easier way to make the function key work in windows 10. Even for windows 8.1 the function error occurs I think its because the driver stored in Apple's Bootcamp Assistant is no valid.

A previous AppleKeyboardInstaller64.exe will solve the problem.

Here's what I got and works for me. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3W9DOPdr9lsbnNkaHh2RVFoYXM/view?usp=sharing

Aug 6, 2015 12:23 AM in response to Earth2004

Ill be honest and say wait, unless one of the real Devs can hack the Drivers and give us something.

After the last few days i managed to get Windows 10 working for a few days, then it started BSOD etc, so i eventually sacked it all off, I've just reverted to my old proper PC for anything windows based, until Apple decide to release something...

OOO and use Fusion as that works Parallels rubbish doesn't without a real bucthering

Aug 8, 2015 8:18 PM in response to Earth2004

I've got the same issue.

Was running Windows 8.1, and the resolution maxed out at 4k. Kinda annoying, but tolerable. Now I've upgraded to Windows 10, and 4k is the only resolution option. Which makes playing any modern games impossible.

Now I don't know whether to roll back to Windows 8.1 so I can play games again, or wait it out for proper drivers.

5k iMac R9 m295x driver in bootcamp win10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.