Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i add a picture to my video and make this move as a zoom out motion while audio plays on the background?

Im using FCP for an online news blog; as the narrator speaks, I bring up pictures of the subject By his side. Now id like to also show the whole pictures; sometimes this pictures are not the full size and if i use the transform method; it messes up the quality of the picture; id really appreciate if someone can guide me to a tutorial on how to use a picture and make it move in a zoom in and out way as the narrator tells the story; and also if the picture its in vertical position how to add it, and create a background that would still show the whole picture without making any transform adjustments to it. EXCUSE MY ENGLISH; its my second language; i appreciate your help!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009)

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 12:35 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 5:59 AM in response to camposalban

• select clip/pic in Project
  • in the Inspector: move slider 'Size' to make the pic smaller
  • click on the yellow 'set keyframe'-button
  • move playhead; repeat sizing (keyframe will be set automatically)

When you're familiar with the concept of keyframes, there're several options to 'spice up' this effect, e.g. applying a keyframed blur (still moves out of focus), or keyframing the opacity, or keyframing the brightness, or adding a parallax, ... etc etc etc.

how do i add a picture to my video and make this move as a zoom out motion while audio plays on the background?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.