Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music in Keynote Presentation

Hi,

If I send my Keynote presentation by e-mail, will the music still play? The track I have embedded is a track from my iTunes.

Kind regards,

Matt

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Keynote

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 4:09 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 4:49 AM in response to Saints83

There are a number of conditions that will need to be in place that you should be aware of:

1 - The Keynote file may be over the size limit imposed by the email provider. If the email size is greater than the limit the email provider allows, most home email is limited to under 2MB size, the email will not send. If this is the case, use a file transfer system such as Dropbox.

2 - Keynote > Preferences > General > Saving: select the option for: Copy Audio And Movies into document

3 - The recipients computer has Keynote installed

4 - The recipients computer can playback the specific CODEC used in the media file

5 - If the media file has DRM attached, (Digital Rights Management), and if the DRM allows playback on the recipients computer.

Music in Keynote Presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.