Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i authorise my computer to use my itunes/icloud if the phone screen is broken and all black?

hey guys,

i want to authorise my computer to use my itunes/icloud account to transfer all my purchases i have bought on my phone but a few days ago i dropped my phone and the screen now comes up black so i cant figure out how to respond to my computer asking for authorization on my screen.

is there any way to authorize without using my phone? or screen shots of where to touch on the screen? or is it best just to get the screen fixed?

thanks heaps.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 4:38 AM

If you are being prompted to trust the computer then you can't bypass it, you will need to do so to be able to access any content on the phone - this page shows roughly where it shows : 'Trust This Computer' alert on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may be able (depending upon the type of content ; audiobooks and tones are one-time only downloads from the store ; and if it's still in the store) be able to redownload them on your computer's iTunes via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2015 4:38 AM in response to poisonedvampiress13

If you are being prompted to trust the computer then you can't bypass it, you will need to do so to be able to access any content on the phone - this page shows roughly where it shows : 'Trust This Computer' alert on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You may be able (depending upon the type of content ; audiobooks and tones are one-time only downloads from the store ; and if it's still in the store) be able to redownload them on your computer's iTunes via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

how do i authorise my computer to use my itunes/icloud if the phone screen is broken and all black?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.