Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just arrived in a foreign country. iMessage suddenly says "Waiting for activation"?

I'm running an iPhone 6 Plus. My carrier back home in the United States is Verizon. I just landed in the United Kingdom, and connected to my cello mobile wifi hotspot. The moment I landed, iMessage decided it no longer wanted to be friendly. It claimed it was "waiting for activation". I've tried turning iMessage off and on, turning FaceTime off, turning the phone off and on, all sorts of stuff. ANd yet the problem persists.

BTW, this interface is terrible. Why does the site want to scroll up each time I tap a key on the keyboard? And if I try to reset the screen so that I can read what I have written, the interface decides no more typing for me until I select Arial as my font again.

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 1:50 AM

There are no replies.

Just arrived in a foreign country. iMessage suddenly says "Waiting for activation"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.