Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ultrawide external monitor (2560x1080) with mcbook air

Hi,

I have a mcbook air 13" and an esternal monitor (LG ultrawide screen) with 2560 x 1080 native resolution (strongly recommended on the manual).

My mcbook air automatically sets a 1900x1080 resolution. Is it possibile adjust the resolution in some way?

Thank you,

Best regards

Pietro

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), External monitor resolution

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 5:43 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

To adjust your screen resolution manually, go to System Preferences -> Displays, and choose "Scaled".

However, note that your Mac may not support such a big screen resolution, and looking at your MacBook model, it may be. What adapter are you using to connect the external display to the computer?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2015 5:43 AM in response to petrusmaximus

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

To adjust your screen resolution manually, go to System Preferences -> Displays, and choose "Scaled".

However, note that your Mac may not support such a big screen resolution, and looking at your MacBook model, it may be. What adapter are you using to connect the external display to the computer?

Aug 5, 2015 6:01 AM in response to mende1

Thank you very much for the answer. I connect the mcbook air to the external monitor with a HDMI cable and the thunderbolt adapter. There is another port on the monitor (the Displayport), would be it useful?

I read the technical specifications for the mcbook air and it is written that the maximum resolution is 3840 x 2160 on this link https://www.apple.com/macbook-air/specs.html

I tried to choose "scaled" but it appears only 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 1600x900 but the actual automatic resolution is 1900 x 1080

Thanks,

Pietro

Ultrawide external monitor (2560x1080) with mcbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.