Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export a DVD with no chapter markers

I am trying to export a DVD I created in Final Cut X (10.1.4)

I have removed all of my markers from the timeline. But the project still shows chapters in the export window of Final Cut X (though the text is so small I can not read it). The only markers I could have left in the project are in my multicam files that I used to sync my media. I have also attempted to make a compound clip of my entire timeline in hopes that would remove the chapters.

What my goal is - a DVD that just starts when put into the DVD players - with no chapter markers with the end goal of generating a img file for duplication.

Could someone please let me know if they have run into the same problem? What solution did you find?
If Final Cut X is not the best for this - is there a low cost DVD program someone could recommend.

Thank you.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 5:08 AM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2015 5:18 AM in response to JoeV

You're probably seeing placeholder charter info in the export dialog. Just ignore it.

I suggest avoiding compounds for the purposes you mention.

iDVD can do what you want and more. It's long been discontinued but many people still use it. It can be found at online retailers as part of the slide suite of apps for about $40.

Russ

Edit: If you acquire iDVD, don't use FCP's DVD preset. Export a master file. iDVD does all the necessary encoding,

How to export a DVD with no chapter markers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.