Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 Files with Same Name?

Here’s my problem, I take minutes for a board meeting. I upload the agenda to Pages then use my iPad to take the minutes on the agenda in Pages. A few days later I come back and clean up the document so I can send it out as the minutes. My last meeting was a long one so the half page agenda grew to 3 pages of typed minutes. I have done this for the past two years. I come back to Pages a week later to clean up the doc and the only doc in Pages is the original agenda without the minutes typed on that doc. I find out that my minutes are gone. It’s not in iCloud and not in Pages on my IPad. I don’t have a Mac computer so it’s just my iPad and iCloud on my PC. I try about everything I could think of and then I read where that deleted docs go to a recovery file in the Settings of iCloud. So after many hours here’s what’s going on. If I delete the original agenda in Pages on my iPad and then go to iCloud/Settings/ Data & Security and click to recover that file and click done then I can see my typed minutes show up on my iPad with the yellow task bar just starting to load. As soon as the task bar loads the completed doc the doc on the iPad changes to the original agenda without my typed minutes. It’s like there is 2 versions of this file or two files with the same name. I have tried everything I can think of to retrieve the typed version. If I print, copy or open in Goodreader it’s only the original agenda, not the typed minutes. I know this doc exist, I can see it when it comes back from recovery. How can I extract this file? It’s really important.

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 6:35 AM

There are no replies.

2 Files with Same Name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.