Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio problem with imported clips

I've come across a strange anomaly when importing movie clips into FCP (10.1.4).

Background sounds, such as people talking, sound 'squeaky' (for want of a better description) and distorted. Foreground audio somehow seems less affected.

Any added audio, such as music, is OK.

To add to the puzzle, the audio in the same movie clips imported into iMovie are perfect as is the audio when the same clips are played back in QuickTime.

Any clues anyone, please?

TonyT

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 16GB RAM

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 4:35 AM

7 replies

Aug 5, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Tony T

Tony T wrote:

Thanks David, but that doesn't explain why audio in same movie clips are OK in iMovie & QT, but is corrupted in FCPX.

The clips are normal movie sequences taken on ordinary digital cameras.

What is MP# anyway?

TT

If your movies contain MP3 audio, FCPX will choke or give weird audio results. It's just not designed to decompress MP3 on the fly. MP3 will play effortlessly in QT and iMovie. And there is no "ordinary digital camera," they're all quite different.

Aug 5, 2015 12:49 PM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

Thanks again, David.

Sorry, I should have realised you meant MP3; just me being obtuse.

Re the audio problem. This distortion is evident in freshly imported clips into a project with no added MP3 or any other added audio; just the bare movie clips.

I take your point,...

there is no "ordinary digital camera," they're all quite different

Yes., of course, sorry.

Re the clips themselves. They were from 3 different video cameras, 2 AVCHD all produce the same oddity once imported into FCPX.

It's so irritating I'm going have to backtrack to iMovie to get some usable decent footage.

Again thanks.

TT

Audio problem with imported clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.