Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the location update notification feature not available on the iOS version of the GizmoPal application due to Apple OS limitation? Hard to believe it's avaialable on the Android and not iOS?

I bought the LG GizmoPal watch from Verizon for my 8 years old daughter and it was advertized that it works with Android and iOS. Although the app is available on my iPhone 5s, it does not have the location update feature available. When inquiring with Verizon about it, they said it was not available on the iOS due to Apple limitations. How is that possible? How can Android have the feature available but not Apple? One of the main reasons I bought the watch was to be able to setup scheduled times on the app to receive location updates so I would know if my daughter made it to school or back home from school. This is a huge peace of mind and safety feature for any child and for Apple to not allow this feature is very disappointing. I've always held Apple above all others and now seeing Android allows this feature but Apple doesn't, I'm now considering switching to an Android just so I can have this feature available.

Has Apple looked into this, and if so, will they be able to add the availability of this feature to iOS?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, iOS

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 5:46 AM

1 reply

Why is the location update notification feature not available on the iOS version of the GizmoPal application due to Apple OS limitation? Hard to believe it's avaialable on the Android and not iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.