Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So disgruntled with Apple that they are going to lose a customer.

I have been an Apple customer for 5years now. In my family we have a Mac, a Notebook Pro, 3 iPads, 2 iPods and3 iPhones. That lot has cost us over the years a lot of money. More than other companies systems, but I thought it was worth it to have leading technology at your fingertips.even though we are normal, working class people.

Now I want to leave Apple, and it's technology because the company is going down the road of profit motivated greed as apposed to customer satisfaction. Let me explain.

when Apple brought out IOS 7 and introduced Cloud based working, the transition lost a lot of my files in Pages and Numbers And Notes. These were work documents, music scores, and other important information that was safety stored on one of my iPads and backed up to my Mac. Or so I thought. As it happens, not all of my files were backed up due to overload of work and lack of thought to plug my iPad into my Mac. But anyway I thought that my files would be safe on my iPad. It seems that Apples technicians had other ideas though.

this totally knocked my confidence and trust in Cloud based servers. I was, however still able to retain my work that had not been deleted and continue to build it up, but this time I kept it on my other iPad as a back up As it was easy to share files in this way.

another update killed my file saving plans as iCloud suddenly took over my Works projects, put them into the Cloud and stopped me having access to my own files when not on line. Not everybody in this world lives in a city surrounded by WiFi or other Data networks, I actually live in the English countryside where it is hard to get any signal at all. I am not a Tech wizard who spends day after day surfing and browsing, I have better things to do in my life. All I wanted from my iPad was to carry some information around with me and have access to it when I want, not when somebody in America thinks I should be at a certain place in order to do that.

and now Apple music. I can no longer download music to my iPad and listen to it when I want. I downloaded the much hailed update, manually loaded my iPad full of music to listen to later. And when going into the music app, it deleted all of my music and basically said I have to have WiFi or 3G to upload from the iCloud and spend more of my hard earned money to Apple to listen to my music. Now that is just corporate bollocks, and enough is enough..

WHen I buy a product I want to use it how I want to use it. Here, there are no options about how to use your technology to fit your needs, its all about dictatorship of the companies own products and how they want you to spend more on them, as though it's a privalige.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 6

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 5:53 AM

7 replies

Aug 5, 2015 7:56 AM in response to lambertnick

I actually have little to no sympathy any more for people who loose data because they did not back up. No electronic storage device is 100% reliable and safe - none ever has been and none ever will be. If the data means something to you then your ONLY security in keeping it available is to back it up. Be it a computer, tablet, smart phone, hard drive, solid state storage - whatever. If what's on it matters to you then it is entirely up to you to back it up to safe guard your files.

To assume that any non-redundant, single source electronic storage device is safe to keep your files on is naive - any device can fail or experience issues for any one of hundreds of reasons or causes.

As for iOS, nothing requires you to use iCloud for anything at all, if you choose not to. You can keep your music in your computer, sync it to your iDevice and listen to it anywhere and anytime you wish. I do not store anything related to music, audiobooks, ebooks or photos in my iCloud account - all that material resides on my device and is readily available when offline. The same goes for any other content you have or wish to keep on your device. If you CHOOSE to use iCloud, yes, of course you need network connectivity to access anything stored on any remote system.

A lot of your rant simply shows an ignorance of iOS and iDevices and of the varied ways they can be used.

So disgruntled with Apple that they are going to lose a customer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.