Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad air home button

Hello,

I have been the owner of an I Pad Air for the last 6 months and had no issue with the device at all. However two weeks ago i have pressed the home button and it's literally just come away and fell in to the device. Therefore I have contacted Apple and they have agreed for me to send the device back to be repaired. Though this morning I have received an email stating the fault was due to accidental damage and I would need to pay for the repair etc.....

A short time later I contacted apple care and spoke with the most unhelpful person I have ever had the misfortune of talking too. I am still being told it's my fault but no explanation why it's my fault and just wondering if anyone's had the same issue and are there anymore channels I can go down?

The most frustrating thing is I did nothing other than touch a button that's meant to be touched!

Thanks In Advance.

iPad Air, iOS 8

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 5:51 AM

3 replies

I pad air home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.