Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error correction actually made it worse

I noticed many short dropouts when listening to my 320k rips from the newly purchased album Geoff Barrow / Ben Salisbury - Drokk: Music Inspired by Mega-city One. So I re-ripped it and listened again. Now the dropouts were in different places, but just as numerous. I checked my rip settings and decided to try it with error correction off instead. No more dropouts (at least on the one song that I used as a test)! WTH? Has anyone else had similar experience?

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Superdrive

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 5:57 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Steve Mills

Steve Mills wrote:

I checked my rip settings and decided to try it with error correction off instead. No more dropouts (at least on the one song that I used as a test)!

I take that back. Now that I've listened to more tracks since I re-ripped them, there are dropouts all over the place. Must just be a really badly pressed CD. I did try listening to the one track directly from disc, and didn't hear any dropouts. I'll have to try listening to the full disc natively and see how it plays.

Error correction actually made it worse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.