Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Photos not showing up to upload?

I transferred everything from iPhoto to Photos with no problem, and have uploaded new photos to the program. However, I'm trying to upload pictures from Photos to social media, and they're not showing up. Normally, I hit "upload" on Facebook or wherever, and the file window opens and "Music/Photos/Movies" shows up on the left side. I usually click "Photos" and then can browse through my iPhoto library without issue. However, now I click "Photos" in the file window and only one or two or my newer albums show up. When I browse through the Photos program, all my photos are there and in albums, but they don't seem to show up anywhere else to post. I've restarted my computer and moved photos around, trying to make them show up.

Please help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 11:14 AM

Hi Leonie,

I have done all steps and no solution.. I have upgraded icloud to 2TB to be sure that i have enough storage, photo application is open, conected to power so doesnt need to save energy.. still nothing working. any tips?

10 replies

Aug 5, 2015 7:15 AM in response to chelseasayshi

When I browse through the Photos program, all my photos are there and in albums, but they don't seem to show up anywhere else to post.

Did you enable your current Photos library as the system photos library?

With Photos running open the Photos > Preferences > General panel.

Click "Use as System Photos Library", if the option is not grayed out. Then restart the Mac.

User uploaded file

Are you using iCloud Photo Library? Then see this link: If Media Browser doesn't show your entire Photos library - Apple Support

Jan 2, 2016 7:41 AM in response to devgolfs

Ok - so what if the option to Use as System Photo Library is grayed out? (Which mine is when I try this).

If it looks like this, the library you are currently using is the system library. The option is greyed out to indicate, that the library is the system library.

Where does the Photos library not show? Which Browser are you using? Which MacOS X version do you have?

Jan 3, 2016 3:36 PM in response to léonie

I am having the same problem and cannot seem to find a solution anywhere!

I am using Safari and attempting to upload a photo to a website.

I am also having the same problem when attempting to change my desktop photo. Most of the pictures that I see in Photo are not available.

As suggested above I do have the "use in system photo library" option greyed out. Please help!

Jul 6, 2016 10:40 PM in response to AndiiSaysStfu

I have had a similar problem. Not all photos were visible for upload even though I had only one library and it was already set as the "System Photo Library." In my case it helped to create a new library just so I could switch to it as the "System Photo Library" and then switch back the original. To create a new library, or to switch between libraries I held down the option key immediately after launching Photos.

Mac Photos not showing up to upload?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.