Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari and chrome being slow

HEy I have recently bought a mac book pro, about two weeks ago and it has had problems loading certain webpages, the website "the verge" and "cnet" seem to give it trouble, I'm not sure if they are just not made to run on a Mac or what. So I called apple and they had me reset my computer and reinstall the os and it didn't seem to help, I am starting to think it is just the websites fault. Does anyone Else have trouble with those cites?? And I am a bit worried about reinstalling my os, I already did it but apple care didn't have me erase anything I just hit "command r" while the laptop was powering up and hit reinstall OS X. Can reinstalling an os like that slow your computer down any?? I'm new to macs sorry.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 6:52 AM

6 replies

Aug 5, 2015 11:24 AM in response to Linc Davis

The website the verge takes about 10-15 seconds to load on safari and on google chrome it is not that fast either I have done everything including reinstall my os to try and fix it, can reinstalling the os also slow down your computer cause some things seem a bit sluggish compared to how they where Before the reinstall. That is my main concern that the reinstall made things worse. thenonly things I have downloaded on my Mac are flash, Java, and mine craft, nothing else is on it.

Aug 5, 2015 11:54 AM in response to Kole2080

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Aug 5, 2015 3:21 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for the help, i will give that a try, also you don't think doing a reinstall of osx is bad for a new computer right? the way Apple had me do it was were I didn't delete the os, all they had me do was start the computer with command and r and just hit reinstall Apple OS X. That's not bad for the computer right? Sorry I'm very new to Mac and OS X I just don't wanna hurt something this expensive.

Aug 7, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Linc Davis

I Have tried just about everything for this computer to speed it up, I'm starting to think it could be flash player that I installed I feel like that's when It started to slow down, although when I reinstalled the OS it told me I would have to install flash player and Java again for certain things but they still were in my library and flash still showed up on my system preferences panel, now I have tried everything to delete the flash files but it still shows up on my system preferences, how can I get rid of this, I am like to the point where I am about to take this Mac back. But thanks for your help I know you are trying and I appreciate it.

Safari and chrome being slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.