Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

map not showing anymore in iPhoto '11 V 9.2.1

I'm having a strange phenomena. I have a macbook air with OS10.7.5.

In iPhoto '11 (9.2.1) when I click Places, it used to give me the map with the red pins indicating where photo's have been taken. But all of a sudden, when I now click Places, I see the map for 1-2 seconds, and than it disappears, and I only see a red pin at the very left bottom corner.

Anyone knows how to make the map visible again? THANKS

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 8:37 AM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2015 8:49 AM in response to rovando

Currently Apple's Map server seems to be offline. That has been going on for more than a month now.

It only happens for the older versions of iPhoto that are still using Google maps. In iPhoto 9.5.1 and later are the maps still working.

You may want to update to Yosemite and iPhoto 9.6.1. But you can only update iPhoto, if your iphoto version is registered at the App Store.

Barney-15E's user tip explains how to update to iPhoto 9.6.1 by reinstalling your purchase. Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

map not showing anymore in iPhoto '11 V 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.