Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Organizer needs to update the security code?

This is my question,

I had the family organizer update the security code on his side to reflect the code. I am on Family Sharing just me and my husband share this.

I am trying to get a free app or update my apps and it is requiring this code. I can't put it in because it says the family organizer needs to complete this.

I went online to find out where he needs to go and followed those instructions and now I am not able to get a free app or update any apps. What do I do?

I have rebooted my phone over and over again nothing is working. Does this need to be done on a computer? He did it on his Iphone 6 plus.

Please is anyone else having an issue?

thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 9:00 AM

6 replies

Aug 7, 2015 8:38 AM in response to DJ2418

Hello there, DJ2418.

It sounds like you are not able to get an app purchase to complete once the Ask to Buy feature of Family Sharing is turned on. The following Knowledge Base article follows through all the steps in the process:

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Specifically for your question on how the purchase request is approved, this part of the article is applicable:

Make or decline a purchase

If you're the organizer, you can use these steps to make or decline the purchase from your iOS device with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite:

1. Open the notification to see the item that your family member wants to get. (See your notifications on your Mac or iOS device.)
  2. Approve or decline the purchase.
  3. If you approve, you need to sign in with your Apple ID and password to make the purchase.

After it's purchased, the item is added to the family member’s account and shared with the rest of the family group. If a family member downloads a previous purchase again, downloads a shared purchase, installs an update, or uses a redemption code in the store, the organizer won't get a notification.

If the organizer doesn't make the purchase or decline the request, it will be deleted after 24 hours, and the child will need to make the request again.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

Jan 8, 2016 6:20 PM in response to pedro d

I Am having this issue as well, and it's not related to the make or decline purchase feature. I try purchasing something on iTunes and it tells me the organier needs to enter the security code for the payment method on file. It does not send my husband any kind of notification, and then I get this page:

User uploaded file

there isn't anywhere for the security code to be added, and if I click Done, it just keeps saying the security code is needed.

I don't even actually want to use the card on file, since I have an iTunes gift card attached to my account, but it won't let me do anything until the security code is entered. Is there anything else we can do to fix this?

Family Organizer needs to update the security code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.