Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast problems

I'm experiencing several frustrating problems w/podcasts in the lastest itunes update (12.2.1). See below for details.

1) Different podcasts show different options for "My Episodes" "Feed" "Saved". For instance, in one podcast there is no "Saved" tab. Even tho I have 20 episodes saved to my computer.

2) The "Saved" view is incorrect. In one podcast I have 6 episodes saved to my computer. But when I click on "Saved" it shows 3.

3) One podcast (This American Life) shows up as two in the left-hand column. Originally it only showed up as one. Then I clicked "get info" for one of the podcasts. As soon as the information box popped up iTunes created a new item in the left hand column and moved the selected podcast into it. It repeated this behavior for about 1/2 of the downloaded podcasts. The other 1/2 stayed in the "original" view. I have carefully examined all of the fields of podcasts in both areas and they are the same. I cannot find any reason for the separation, or any way to correct it!

4) I have a number of saved podcasts that I am trying to import from another (windows) machine. I messed up and didn't save the library file so I know I've lost some of the meta data, but when I look at the files in Windows Explorer all the basic info is there - artwork, podcast, artist, etc. However when I add them into iTunes I lose all of this - the only thing that is saved is the podcast name.

If anyone can provide an explanation for any of these issues and inconsistencies, and especially a way to fix them, I would really appreciate it! :-)

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 8:26 AM

1 reply

podcast problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.