Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay has no audio

Bought 2 Alpine ILX-007. Both don't have any audio while using carplay. No music, no sound effects. Audio works fine with the radio. Also the audio for navigation will work if i'm in radio mode. I've tried playing with the settings and, I've tried reseting both the head unit and phone. I also tried cleaning the thunderbolt port and, using several usb cables Apple and aftermarket.

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2016 6:07 PM

I had same issue, this was for my BMW E46. Just cut, do not use blue wire from Alpine ilx007 ( power anntena) then if your car needs anntena power (and OEM amp) connect use Blue/White (Remote turn on).

It works very nice both radio and Apple car play audio

Thanks!

8 replies

Aug 8, 2015 8:57 AM in response to brenden dv

I have this problem as well, and have tried all the outlined steps. I talked to an Apple support rep via online chat who recommended installing the Alpine TuneIt app and connecting to the head unit. It didn't help either.

CarPlay is connecting and working for me at some level - navigation and other apps work - there's just no audio from these applications.

I had Waze running while plugged in during my commute home last night. I was listening to the radio. Occasionally, the head unit would switch to CarPlay mode. Apparently it was picking up the audio output from Waze and attempting to play it over the speakers.

Very frustrating to have this problem - this is one expensive system for listening to FM radio. Google searches for solutions have not been fruitful.

Apr 28, 2016 6:50 PM in response to Xteaph-N

If your ILX-007 only produces sound when the radio is on try this:

Check to see If you have wired up the ILX-007 with the blue wire out of the head unit connected the blue wire for your car's wiring harness. If this is the case, change this connection to be the BLUE and WHITE wire from the head unit to the BLUE wire from the car harness. Just cap off the blue wire from the head unit. This fixed the problem for me.

Carplay has no audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.