Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos imports photos from camera out of sequence

I am having difficulty using photos. When I import photos from my Canon rebel, they are imported in a random order, not in the order that the photos were taken. How can i fix this?

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 3:53 PM

5 replies

Aug 5, 2015 4:20 PM in response to riverlea13

riverlea13 wrote:

I am having difficulty using photos. When I import photos from my Canon rebel, they are imported in a random order, not in the order that the photos were taken. How can i fix this?

Why do you think this?

Remember that Photos do not have an order - the viewing program supplies the order so it is likely that either you have a sort setting incorrect, are looking in a strange way or there is a problem with some setting on the camera

LN

Aug 5, 2015 5:16 PM in response to riverlea13

The camera includes the date and time (as you have set on it) in the photos in the EXIF and IPTC fields along with a lot of other information about the photos

In Photos when you view photos in the Photos view (Years/collections/moments) they are sorted by photos date and location as recorded by the camera

With Image Capture you can import to disk (not to Photos or iphoto) and then view them in the finder in file name order

LN

Photos imports photos from camera out of sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.