Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn my old iPhone 3Gs with no sim card intp an iPod?

My old iPhone 3Gs has no card. I plug it into my laptop and I get nothing. The phone screen says " connect to iTunes". well, I would if it go to it!

I have gotten the phone screen to read "emergency calls only" screen, but that and the connect to iTunes is it. I'm not a computer genius. I use it for entertainment and connecting to friends. I'm trying to do this to save myself some money! I want to give it to my daughter so she can use it for music.

I have no idea what version of ios was last installed on the phone.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

iPhone 3GS (8GB), iOS 6, not sure if iOS 6 is correct

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 4:25 PM

3 replies

Aug 5, 2015 4:34 PM in response to sa7733

If you use a Mac, the iTunes app is pre installed. It's in your Applications folder.

If you're using a Windows based computer, you need to download iTunes > Apple - iTunes

You can restore the iPhone to factory settings for your daughters use but keep in mind, the iPhone 3GS is outdated hardware and software. Most apps today have a minumum requirement of iOS 7. An iPhone 3GS cannot be updated beyond iOS 6.1.6.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If she wants to use a device just for msuic, perhaps an iPod would be better > iPod - Shop iPod touch, iPod nano & iPod shuffle - Apple

Can I turn my old iPhone 3Gs with no sim card intp an iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.