Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files too large to email

I have a file in my iCloud drive that is too large to email. Can I invite others to download the file by sending them a link?

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 3:58 PM

3 replies

Oct 3, 2015 1:25 PM in response to Kappy

Yes we know there is dropbox but some of us don't want and would rather use iCloud Drive. When I heard about iCloud Drive being implemented into iOS this had me jumping for joy because I thought I would be able to email large files. Or at least send the email with a large file from iCloud Drive and have it link for the recipients to download. It kind of suks how Apple advertises it as storing any file type which is true but the file size limit for emailing is 23mb. I put a large PDF file on iCloud Drive via a Mac which I no longer have, it's a text book that I'd like to share via the iCloud Drive app on my iPhone or iPad. Now since I no longer have a Mac there seems to be no way I can share this file. This is a tragedy!

Files too large to email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.