Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I link cells to specific choices from a drop down menu in Numbers for ipad

For example, if I made a spreadsheet for nutrition and I had a drop down list that contained certain fruit (apple, orange, banana). Let's say I chose "apple", how would I get the rest of the fields to auto-populate with nutritional information for an apple like calories, sugars, fat, etc.

i would have a separate sheet done up with all of this info, and with the appropriate fruit as the "header", but is there a way that I can link the drop down options in the first sheet with their respective info, and they would just populate in the first sheet?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 9:28 PM

7 replies

Aug 6, 2015 8:01 AM in response to Therealmahoney

Hi Therealmahoney,

Just plain LOOKUP() will work well for you. LOOKUP() will settle for a close match so each item in your popup needs to be in your lookup table.

User uploaded file

I did this on my Mac so your view will be a little different. this formula can be filled across and down.

LOOKUP() is very useful if you want to return a value given a range. i.e. between 1-3 "good", between 3-5 "ok", etc..

quinn

Aug 11, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Therealmahoney

Hi Therealmahoney,

I find that building formulas by tapping on the elements is much easier than typing.

I should have mentioned that once you have the formula working in B2 (in my example) you can fill it down and then fill across to bring the rest of the info over.

quinn

ps is it "There alma honey" or "the real mahoney"? You have one of those ids taht shift on me.

How do I link cells to specific choices from a drop down menu in Numbers for ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.