Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow App Store downloads

I have an unlimited download 37Mb broadband connection which I have absolutely no issues with whatsoever on every speed test I run. I can stream HD video off the Internet with no lag at all, so the problem's not at my end.

Yet my iPhone 6 and iPad Air2 seem to have issues downloading anything from the App Store with any speed at all. It's like access to the App Store is back in the Stone Age on a dial up modem or something!

Initially I thought it was Apple getting ready for iOS9 but that's weeks away, so is anyone else experiencing this, or do you know of a fix for this issue?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 1:39 AM

34 replies

Aug 8, 2015 11:38 AM in response to gadgetmeisterUK

Same here just north of Los Angeles i just bought my Macbook Pro 2015 15' yesterday and it is taking for ever to download a 2.82gb file . My internet speed test is at 48.56 mbps download and 5.61 mbps upload. It has been 2 hours and I'm only at 170.7 mb of the 2.82 file. why is it so slow and what can i do? its telling it will take 1 day and 4 hours to download.

Aug 8, 2015 11:46 AM in response to Morgoon79

If this problem is in fact affecting near or around Los Angeles area, then the only thing we can do is wait until who knows when Apple fixes their servers. I guess you can call them and ask if they're doing anything about it. I'm sure if you visit their Apple store they'll have the same problem.

I just end up cancelling the downloads because there's no point especially in the day time where millions of people are accessing the App Store. Maybe at night when the internet traffic starts to clear up it goes a bit faster.

Aug 19, 2015 6:29 PM in response to seldomfed

Also slow in Firestone, CO (near Longmont, north of Denver). Given the geographic nature of the problem, it has to be a problem with Apple's edge servers. Of course, getting an answer from Apple is no longer possible. They are worse than Microsoft now about ignoring customer issues. Get you stuff together, Apple. You are NOT what you used to be and you had better not rest on your laurels. I am getting fed-up with the post-Jobs miserable service! Completely unacceptable when you pay for product and can't get it!!!!!!!!

Slow App Store downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.