Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After WhatsApp 2.12.5 update, unable to use it

Hi,

I updated WhatApp on my iPhone4 (iOS 7.1.2) earlier and now I am unable to use it. Post the update I can receive messages and see the notifications as also the message count. However the moment I click on WhatsApp, it shows for a second and immediatelt goes in the background. What I mean is that WhatApp does not crash, it just goes back. I cannot read any message.

FYI I have 1 GB free on the phone.

Other than restoring from backup, any ideas on how to resolve this ?

Thanks in advance...

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 5, 2015 11:45 PM

5 replies

Aug 10, 2015 11:13 PM in response to Ejazee

I did a lot of search with no success. WhatApp support suggested the standard restore 'solution'.

I tried a delete/reststart/reinstall but no luck. Finally restored from backup as I had not synced this version of WhatsApp in ITunes. Things are working fine albeit with older version.

On my handset (IPhone4/iOS 7.1.2) at least, WhatsApp 2.12.5 does not work.

Oct 20, 2015 5:24 PM in response to Sandeep NP

I upgraded WhatsApp Messenger (version 2.12.9) on my iPhone4 (iOS 7.1.2) on 14 Oct. 2015 and now I am unable to use
it. After the upgrade, I can still see the summary of the recent 10 notifications of received messages and the message count. However, when I click
on WhatsApp, it ever freezes on a particular message I last sent on 15 Oct. 2015 (at the time 23:06), and there is no response then. I cannot read any messages. I want to ask if there is any
solution as I have not done any backup for my WhatsApp previously? Please help! Thanks a lot for any expertise advice on a workable solution for me to get back my WhatsApp history!

Jennie

After WhatsApp 2.12.5 update, unable to use it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.