Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 will not connect to optimum wifi?

okay this has been driving me berserk the past 2 days. Out of nowhere my optimum wifi which has worked fine for months/years stopped working. it shows up full signal bars on my network list, and when i click it it just loads and loads and loads, until the phone locks, or im assuming it just times out and stops loading. i have spent hours talking with the optimum chat people, they are blaming the phone. the phone connects to every other wifi network no problem, it connects to my home netork seamlessl. i reset the phone, i hit "forget network" ," renew lease" i even went as far to reset my network settings, which deleted al my saved networks, which i am really ****** off about. WHY WONT MY PHONE CONNECT TO OPTIMUM BUT EVERYTHING ELSE? also there is an option for "cable wifi" which is a mix of time warner cable, xfinity, opt, and comcast, meanwhile when i click that network, it will connect and prompt me for my opt id and password, but when i click optimum wifi i dont even connect to get that prompt!! WHATTT THE HELLLLL please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 9:15 AM

8 replies

Aug 6, 2015 11:08 AM in response to thedonhimself

Each network maintains a different connection for each device.

Seeing the iPhone connects to other WiFis

It is not only posable but likely

If the WiFi on the iPhone was bad it wouldn't connect to any WiFi networks.

Your router can be configured with a few things to block this.

Mac Address filter, Even filters to restrict what devices can connect, when or for how long

IP Address, Which one(s) to allow, limited number of IP address the router can give out.

If you feel it is still an issue with the iPhone, the WiFi is part of the iOS.

Your will want to re-install the iOS and setup as new.

Best of luck

Aug 6, 2015 11:22 AM in response to damaag

this just happens to be at my job, where i spend most of my time, the odd thing is, someone else here has optimum wifi log in as well, and they connect to the network completely fine. at home Optimum is my ISP, and although my home wifi isnt labeled under "optimum wifi" it works completely fine. i have been connecting to the generic cable wifi as of now, but i heavily rely on optimum wifi as it is fast and everywhere i go. to make matters even more odd, this morning i got lucky one time, i hit forget this network, as i did 50+ times earlier, but this time it took me to the log in prompt( meaning it connected) i logged back in and set it to auto sign in, 15 min later it wasnt connecting, so i restarted my device, and then back to not connecting at all, just the constant loading. this is what made me reset my network settings (which really ****** me off because it didnt even solve the problem). it seems to me that i strictly cannot connect to any optimum hotspots.

May 27, 2016 8:05 AM in response to thedonhimself

thedonhimself wrote:

this just happens to be at my job, where i spend most of my time, the odd thing is, someone else here has optimum wifi log in as well, and they connect to the network completely fine. at home Optimum is my ISP, and although my home wifi isnt labeled under "optimum wifi" it works completely fine. i have been connecting to the generic cable wifi as of now, but i heavily rely on optimum wifi as it is fast and everywhere i go. to make matters even more odd, this morning i got lucky one time, i hit forget this network, as i did 50+ times earlier, but this time it took me to the log in prompt( meaning it connected) i logged back in and set it to auto sign in, 15 min later it wasnt connecting, so i restarted my device, and then back to not connecting at all, just the constant loading. this is what made me reset my network settings (which really ****** me off because it didnt even solve the problem). it seems to me that i strictly cannot connect to any optimum hotspots.

You're having this issue at work, and your login does not connect you to your work WiFi. You are able to connect everywhere else, including your home WiFi where you also use optimum. Your iPhone is not narrowing out this one single WiFi. The protections on that WiFi are. Reach out to your IT or whoever manages the setup of your work's WiFi network. You may also be required to have a VPN setup on your iPhone to connect to it properly. That VPN setup would be something provided by your work.

My iPhone 6 will not connect to optimum wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.