Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBO Now audio issues / all other ATV apps fine

Anyone else having issues with the audio on shows or movies played via the HBO Now app on Apple TV?

I've recently tried playing a TV show (True Detective) and a movie (Miami Vice) and the sound quality is terrible. I have to turn up the TV as loud as it will go -- level 100 -- and the audio is still faint, and the mix is bad.

As compared to using the Netflix or Hulu apps, where I only need the sound at level 20 or so, and sound is crisp and clear.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Since other apps seem to work fine, my assumption is that the problem is most likely on the HBO side, but thought it was worth asking here as well.

Thanks!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 10:02 AM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2015 10:05 AM in response to BrooklynMac

Hi BrooklynMac,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It appears that the audio from the HBO NOW app on your Apple TV is much lower than audio from other apps. You did a good job of isolating this behavior to the HBO NOW app.

Be sure to restart the Apple TV by going to Settings > General > Restart. If the situation stays the same, you may want to contact HBO NOW technical support using the support link in Contact Apple TV content providers:

HBO NOW

This advice comes from Apple TV: Troubleshooting third-party content providers:

If you have playback issues with a content provider's services

In most cases, you can isolate playback issues to your home network, your broadband connection, or a possible outage with a content provider. To see if your issue is affecting multiple services or a specific content provider, try another service. For example, play a movie trailer from the main menu.

• If the issue is affecting multiple services on your Apple TV, see how to troubleshoot playback performance.
  • If the issue is affecting a single content provider on your Apple TV, restart your Apple TV by going to Settings > General > Restart. If the issue continues, you might need to contact the content provider.

Cheers.

HBO Now audio issues / all other ATV apps fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.