Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

migrating for one device to another

Hello, I have an iPod touch 5gen. Today I decided to purchase an iPod touch 6gen and when you open you have 3 options.

Set Up as new iPod Touch

Restore from iCloud backup

or

Restore from iTune Backup

My questions are: Since I have a lot of apps in my old iPod Touch5, I wish to start clean and light in my new iPod Touch6. I will of course get my previously purchased apps (many of them), but I dont want to download/restore everything back to my new device.

Is it possible to set up my new device as New and then login with my icloud name to get what I want without restoring something like 500 apps ??

Also, when I will eventually sync both devices.... by ssynchronizing does it mean the two devices will have the same apps ?

(is it able to make a device for games and the other for photos/image editing ?

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 1:20 PM

You can retore from either backup

iOS: Transferring information from your current iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

There are some differences in what each backup includes and thus what is restored. See:

About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

8 replies

Aug 6, 2015 1:55 PM in response to lllaass

Hello lllaass,

With my new device... If I sign in with my current Apple ID, without going through Restoring via iCloud or Restoring via iTune.. what will happen ? Will it works ?

Perhaps if it works...it will be the best thing for me since I will be able to hand-pick the apps I want to put in my new device without being forced to get the same apps again in my new device ??

migrating for one device to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.