Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Readability of text and blue lines?

I noticed that the display on my my macBook was showing text that I could no longer read, due to, I thought, poor contrast and colors. I tried many ways to improve the view by using Systems Preferences. So far things are worse. Text is faint against white backgrounds and often used blue lines and blue text are barely showings on the screen

Are there best settings to be used when adjusting the screen through use of System Preferences? Mostly, I wonder about Resolution, Contrast and Brightness, but there might be other places to adjust the screen that I don't know about. Or, could it be that the computer is finished for use. This computer is Early 1977, 13 in. MacBook.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5), MacBook 13 inch Late 2007

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 2:58 PM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2015 6:06 PM in response to donaldfromoak hill

I use A MacBook Pro running OS X (10.7.5). I have found that going through system preferences and then universal access provides the best way to change visual settings. Contrast and brightness is all user preference. I personally do a lot with Photoshop and other photo and video editing software so using increased contrast negatively affects those programs, but when I read a book, or browse the Internet I sometimes change the display into grayscale. I have also found that using an external display and mirroring the screen is very beneficial to me. If I were you, I would take a day or two and just play around with the settings find what works and change doesn't. You may also find that you change the settings based upon what you're doing.

Readability of text and blue lines?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.