Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Windows 8.1 Not Recognized

Good evening,

I am using an iPhone 4, and Windows 8.1. When I plug in my phone, it is not recognized by my computer. The phone does emit a tone and begin charging when I plug it in. This problem just started about five hours ago (that's how long I've been trying to solve it.) The last thing I did was copy about 80 videos and 130 pics from the phone to my PC. I unplugged the phone for bit, then when I plugged it back in, the problem presented itself.

Here is what I've tried so far:

Rebooting computer

Rebooting iPhone

Updating iTunes

Uninstalling/Reinstalling iTunes

Updating iPhone

Updating Windows 8.1

Updating all Apps on the iPhone

Restoring iPhone to factory settings

Restoring iPhone from Backup

Switching cables

Resetting Network Settings

Resetting Location and Privacy

Turning Bluetooth On/Off

Plugged my iPhone into my spouse's PC, and received the same result; iPhone not recognized. (I did however receive the "Trust" prompt; and yes, I chose to Trust her computer)

Plugged my spouse's iPhone into my spouse's PC, and the PC immediately recognized my spouse's iPhone.

Plugged my spouse's iPhone into my PC, and my PC immediately recognized my spouse's iPhone.

I'm guessing the problem lies with the my iPhone. If you have any tricks to get this figured out, I'd sure appreciate the assistance. Have a great evening.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, Windows 8.1

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 3:44 PM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2015 4:02 PM in response to Graybeard2015

This is a long shot but worth trying perhaps ?? If everything else appears ok with your phone, take a couple of new pictures with it. Then connect it back in to your PC and wait a bit (sometimes I have to wait a minute or more). Can you now see it in the Windows File Manager?

If this does not work (not holding my breath) check this Apple article. I know you have already tried many of those suggestions but others may help ??

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

iPhone 4 Windows 8.1 Not Recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.