Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Midi Setup Icons not staying in position

In the past I've been able to arrange the Midi instruments, devices, interfaces icons in Audio Midi Setup and have them retained with my placements after closing the application and reopening it.

For some reason it's not doing that on this used iMac I'm now using running OSX 10.6.8 with Audio Midi Setup Version 3.0.3.

Since I have a very large Midi hardware based studio, this is annoying to say the least. Not sure what the issue is. I tried creating a "NEW" configuration and that didn't behave any differently. Since I've created that config, the "Default" setup no longer exists.

I know this sounds minor but with 4 midi interfaces and over 18 MIDI rack synth modules and an additional 12 MIDI keyboards/synths/controllers, I need this program to "behave" as it has for years... when I rearrange the icons for the synths and interfaces on the screen, they "Stay put"!

Thanks!!

John

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPhone 5, MacBookPro 13", Mac Mini

Posted on Aug 6, 2015 4:15 PM

1 reply

Oct 25, 2015 7:35 PM in response to johnbezjian

John, I was having this problem too. Never used to be a problem, but just started recently and was SOOOOO aggravating. Just like you, I have a large MIDI setup, and am also running OS X 10.6.8.

I scoured the internet, with no success for a solution - until just this afternoon. Here it is!

Quoted from another blog (below): "I believe this is an issue only with the 64-bit version of Audio MIDI Setup. As a workaround, select the Audio MIDI Setup application icon and do a 'Get Info'. Then select the checkbox corresponding with 'Run in 32-bit Mode'. This should fix your issue."

This works!! I had seen your question earlier in a couple of different places, and thought I'd better share the good news.

No idea why the 64-bit setting should cause this problem, nor how/when it ever got switched over from 32-bit. Just glad it's working 🙂

Answer was found on MOTUnation.com. 3rd page of this post:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42673&start=30

Audio Midi Setup Icons not staying in position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.