Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why there is not russian english dictionary

HOw can i add russian - english dictionary for ios

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2015 2:52 AM

There is no way to add reference dictionaries to iOS (iphone/ipad). But if you are talking about OS X (Mac), this may be possible. See

http://clasquin-johnson.co.za/michel/mac-os-x-dictionaries/east-european-languag es/russian.html

4 replies

Feb 6, 2016 5:37 AM in response to mr_pal

mr_pal wrote:

maybe someone know where can we get some other more full English-Russian dictionaries, which can be built into a Dictionary.app on MacOS?

Good luck, but it's not very likely, or you would have seen more answers here already. Good dictionaries are expensive and the people who make them don't give out the data for people to make dictionary.app modules from. Your best bet is a stand alone dictionary from the app store.

Feb 24, 2016 5:34 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

UPD: while I was using this dictionary I understood that it doesn't lack words, just when you click on a word in iBooks it automatically tries to find exactly the same word in the dictionary. For example, if there is a word "apple", you will not experience any problems with translation, but if you have "apples", when you double click this word in iBooks, it will tell you "there is no such word in the vocabulary". So the problem is only with declension or plural form of the word.

Why there is not russian english dictionary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.