Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to upgrade to OS X 10.10.4 but it keeps telling me that OS X 10.10 is required to install

I updated to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 so I would be able to update to Yosemite 10.10.4 but after I download it and then try to open and install it it gives me an error saying that it needs OS X 10.10 to install. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

MacBook, MacBook 5,1

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 10:53 AM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

I actually just got this laptop from a friend and she was trying to get it updated for me. She ordered the CD version of Snow Leopard and installed it and on the package it says 10.6.3. I'm guessing that I need to update it to 10.6.8 do you happen to know how I go about doing this? Sorry I am a newbie with Mac's I've had an iPhone forever and always been an apple fan.

Thanks,

Jen

Trying to upgrade to OS X 10.10.4 but it keeps telling me that OS X 10.10 is required to install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.