Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't re-install Boot Camp after Windows 10 upgrade

I am in a pickle. I have a mid-2009 MacBook Pro which was running Windows 7 just fine. I took the plunge, and upgraded to Windows 10. Everything has been smooth, everything works fine. EXCEPT Boot Camp. Apple seems to believe the my Mac is unable to run windows 8 and therefore windows 10 and doesn't seem to offer any software for my machine.

When I run the available bootcamp 5.1.5621 upgrade in windows 10 I am greeting with a "This version of Boot Camp is not intended for your computer model" when I run the setup.exe created by Boot Camp assistant I get an error "Boot Camp requires that your computer is running Windows 7" What gives? Now I am stuck with my keyboard backlighting on, and no way to control media or brightness (or trackpad backlighting) from the keyboard. What is really frustrating is that the Boot Camp software is still running, and really only requires a "repair" installation (which I did on my 27-Inch 2013 iMac after the windows 10 upgrade, and regained control of the keyboard just fine) But I can't even run the software. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009)

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 10:04 AM

7 replies

Sep 15, 2015 3:10 PM in response to MaxMatic_02

I have the very same issue, in reply to BobtheFisherman my Macbook Pro 15" early 2011 is running windows 10. Seeing that my macbook is an i7 with 16GB of Ram and an SSD Hard drive. Its ridiculous to simply right off this version of macbook pro. its more then capable to run windows 10

I'm writing this post using my macbook pro 15" early 2011 running windows 10.

I cant understand why we cant do the boot camp repair. Has anyone figured out a hack to get the boot camp to work?

In my case. I was booted directly into windows 7 and kept getting the message asking me to do the update. I did the update, however now I don't have control over simple things such as screen brightness or backlit keyboard.

Please help guys

Mak

Can't re-install Boot Camp after Windows 10 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.