Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto places broken, again/more

Attempting to add a place to a photo in iPhoto 9.6.1 no longer works using specific latitude & longitude. The numbers are ONLY interpreted as addresses. This used to work. It stopped working about six months ago. No updates to iPhoto. For example:

User uploaded file

How do I force iPhoto to lookup the latitude & longitude?

-Doug

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 2TB Time Capsule/64GB iPod touch 4g

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 11:13 AM

4 replies

Aug 8, 2015 10:23 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't work for me for any location I need to add. I was recently on a camping trip where there are no addresses of businesses. I have to use the latitude and longitude for floating down the river. Also, any new place I try to add near Seattle, where I live, only resolves as an address somewhere in the Czech Republic because of the number 47 in the location. Again, it worked perfectly until a couple of months ago so it's clearly something Apple did in the background. In addition to the location information in my pictures either disappearing or collecting into a few pins in odd locations the Places feature is pretty much currently useless.

User uploaded file

-Doug

iPhoto places broken, again/more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.