Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not seen the System Photo Library

I am new to Photos having recently downloaded Yosemite. Numerous issues but the one I am struggling with is that iMovie cannot see the Photos System Library. Holding the option key while opening Photos reveals only one library which is Photos Library (System Photo Library). Then after opening Photos and going to photos>preferences>general it appears to be correct with pictures>Photos Library showing as the location. The "use as System Photo Library" is greyed out, not sure if thats correct but I think so. Despite all this iMovie will not see any photos with "no media was found" showing. iMovie sees iTunes fine.

Can anyone help?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 8:28 PM

4 replies

Aug 8, 2015 1:33 AM in response to doggie12

Hello, Doggie: I have the same problem, perhaps - in my case - it's because my version of iMovies is 09 (I have hardly used it since purchasing my iMac in 2009). Now, I want to string together loads of short videos taken over the years whilst on holiday.......but no-one seems to know how to do it. I'm currently looking at 3rd party offerings but, so far, they don't seem to be able to access the "Photos" videos.

It's a bit of a ..............

Aug 8, 2015 1:46 AM in response to doggie12

Hi, Doggie - me again: I've just managed to cobble something together by selecting the videos I want to use (in this case there were 3, each of about 20/30 seconds duration). I then exported them to a temporary file. Went into iMovie (in my case, as mentioned earlier iMovie09) and imported the material from the temporary file. Result - I ended up with a video showing all 3 as one continuous video.......poor quality, but all there together.

It's something to go on with for now

iMovie not seen the System Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.