Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iDVD with the Yosemite OS

I have the Yosemite OS with an old iMac 2008. The iDVD that came with it in iLife cannot be used. Is there an upgrade for this version(4.0.1) of iDVD which can be used with Yosemite? If not......does apple intend to include it when they get to the next operating system? I am trying to free up hard drive space on my old mac, and wonder if it can't be uninstalled since I never use it.....It did come with iLife 2008.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2015 9:13 AM

The only version of iDVD that will run with Yosemite is iDVD 7 (the latest version available is 7.1.2). iDVD 7 is available on the iLife 09 disc which is the only iLife disk to install all of the iDVD themes, i.e. from V1 thru V7. The iLife 11 disk only installs the themes from V5 thru V7. You can get an iLIfe 09 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com.

iLife 08 includes iDVD 7 but only has themes V5 thru V7. However, it can be used with Yosemite.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2015 9:13 AM in response to karlssongunvor

The only version of iDVD that will run with Yosemite is iDVD 7 (the latest version available is 7.1.2). iDVD 7 is available on the iLife 09 disc which is the only iLife disk to install all of the iDVD themes, i.e. from V1 thru V7. The iLife 11 disk only installs the themes from V5 thru V7. You can get an iLIfe 09 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com.

iLife 08 includes iDVD 7 but only has themes V5 thru V7. However, it can be used with Yosemite.

User uploaded file

Aug 11, 2015 10:40 AM in response to karlssongunvor

Apple has stopped supporting it for about 2 years now. I does work with 10.10 but don't know about El Capitan. If you have no intention of ever using it again it won't matter if it will still work with 10.11 or not.

However, if once you delete it and want to get it back it can be very difficult. So be sure you really want to get rid of it. The app and it's themes only take up 871 MB on the drive.

Using iDVD with the Yosemite OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.