Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble uploading photobook to Apple Store

I am trying to order a photo book created with iphoto. I manage to hit "buy book", then computer does the compilation of the book but stops when it comes to uploading the book to the Apple Store. iPhoto gets stuck and I can only close it by force quitting the program. I ordered a book last week and as far as I know nothing in my computer has changed. I called Apple support but they could never understand I was trying to print a family photo book, not publishing a book to sell.

Anybody can help me? Thanks a lot.

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 11:42 PM

does the preview work correctly ? - Preview a print project in Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture to avoid issues - Apple Support

LN

12 replies

Aug 9, 2015 7:42 PM in response to LarryHN

Hi. Yes, it does preview correctly. I have iPhoto 9.2.3 and that seems to be the problem but only 12 days ago I managed to upload another book. I have tried uploading the book I successfully loaded again to see if it is something linked to the new photo book but I am having trouble with that one as well.

Thanks for your reply! I hope you can help me. 🙂

Aug 25, 2015 4:22 AM in response to Katherinefromal

I ended up calling Apple and i think they were as helpful as they could. I was with them for several hours on the phone followed up by a few emails over several days. The bottom line was they could not fix my problem. Apparently my Apple ID was not linked to iPhoto so I could not upgrade iPhoto to overcome this bug. I was very reluctant but decided to take the punt and upgrade to Yosemite and Photos.

All my iPhoto files and projects moved unaltered to Photos. No font or layout changes. Still getting used to Photos and missing a couple of things from iPhotos but I think I need to play a bit more to find all the features Photos has.

trouble uploading photobook to Apple Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.