Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote access to Mac Server

We have a Mac Server OSX 10.5.8. I have enabled screen sharing on it. It works on the LAN from any PC using RealVNC viewer, I just type in the server's IP, give it the password and I am on. When I forward port 5900 on the router, however, I get message "connection terminated unexpectedly". So what I have to do is first make an RDP session to one of the Windows servers and launch VNC client from it. So I know the port forwarding on the router works and I know I can access the internet from the Mac Server, what am I missing?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 7:09 PM

2 replies

Aug 7, 2015 7:47 PM in response to VassiliTN

Some services may use two or more ports. It is recommend that once you've found an instance of a product in this list, search on the name (Command-F) and then repeat (Command-G) to locate all occurrences of the product. For example, VPN service may use up to four different ports: 500, 1701, 1723, and 4500.

TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support

Remote access to Mac Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.