📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting notifications to my iPad and not my iPhone

Every time someone texts me, or I get a notification from an app that's both on my iPhone and my iPad, like Duolingo or Twitter, the notification gets to my iPad but never to my iPhone, so I never know when people text me. I have to go into the app to see. how do I stop that?

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 6:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2016 3:35 PM

I had this same issue back over a year ago and then somehow it cleared up. Now I'm having it again. All of my settings are correct but notifications only go to my iPad. Even when I'm not home or near it. The only solution I've found is to either have all notifications turned off on the iPad, whcich I don't want to do, or to always leave the iPad powered off when it in use, which I also don't want to do.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2016 3:35 PM in response to NogaTheUnicorn

I had this same issue back over a year ago and then somehow it cleared up. Now I'm having it again. All of my settings are correct but notifications only go to my iPad. Even when I'm not home or near it. The only solution I've found is to either have all notifications turned off on the iPad, whcich I don't want to do, or to always leave the iPad powered off when it in use, which I also don't want to do.

I'm getting notifications to my iPad and not my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.