Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Application Support Windows 10 x64 Fresh Install Fails

This error makes iTunes completely inoperable on Windows 10. It's ridiculous that this error has been occurring for months across different platforms and hasn't been fixed. Surely I'm not alone in this.

It has occurred on both my main desktop and laptop with fresh Windows 10 installs. It's no longer in technical preview. It's time this was resolved.

(This error occurs during the iTunes setup. Yes I have removed and reinstalled; now trying to install application support separately. For the rest there have been no errors.)

"An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32",version"8.0.5072 7.6195", etc.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 3:02 AM

16 replies

Apr 9, 2017 5:28 PM in response to sandic3939

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to pre-install the Microsoft Universal C Runtime.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. 12.6.0.100 in particular may not work correctly for everyone, in which case rolling back to 12.5.5.5 is a realistic approach.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Aug 10, 2015 2:07 AM in response to ynthrepic

after 10 days of trying, and trying every solution I found in apple's forums, I finally installed latest version of iTunes!!!

first I installed visual C++ Redistributable packages (2005,2008,2013)!!! just to make sure 🙂 also make sure your windows updated to latest version!

then I downloaded both :

then make sure you are "windows Modules Installer" is running. (click on start menu, type 'services' then find it and run it)

after that run iTunes installer as an admin!

worked for me 🙂

Mar 1, 2016 11:36 AM in response to Eriknem

As noted the message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes should help. The later versions shouldn't be needed (at least not for iTunes).

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further advice if required.

tt2

May 1, 2016 1:11 PM in response to ynthrepic

Hi,

I have tried everything now incl the above - and stille no luck!?

1. If I go for iTunes6464Setup.exe, it will not even install Itunes
  2. I can however get itunes64setup.exe installed, but when I then plug in my Iphone 6s, it tells me, that I need the 64bit version, and that I should update. I have then tried that, but the update fails of cause.
  3. When unpacking the above files, and run the installations individually, then both programs below fails to install:

• AppleApplicationSupport - creates the error pictured below
  • User uploaded file

• AppleMobileDeviceSupport6464 - just get the message, that it was not installed.

• 4. I have installed all Visual Basics etc. etc.

Why is this still an issue in May 2016? This is an issue from last year? But most importantly - who do I do from here? Switch to Samsung?

Apple Application Support Windows 10 x64 Fresh Install Fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.