Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A suspicious folder named "Youppes"(?)

A suspicious folder named "Youppes"(?) has suddenly appeared in my applications folder and dumping it in the trash does not eliminate it because it always reappears whenever I restart, etc. I have an older MacBook Pro running 10.9.5. I believe this may be whats slowing my laptop down. Help please.

I also have a second problem: my MacBookPro no longer recognizes my Apple Extreme router even though wifi is working fine. I can no longer print via wifi. Ive already read about "rest printers" but that does not work . Thank you.

OS X Mavericks (10.9), Graphite:10.4/Intel:10.5.8/iPhone4S

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 8:43 AM

This is an end-User license agreement with the same name:

http://www.youppes.com/eula

Looks like you might have Adware.

Stop pop-up ads and adware in Safari - Apple Support

http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

6 replies

Aug 9, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks Grant. I used the adware medic an that seems to have removed the "Youppes" I mentioned.

Much adware and malware was found. & removed.

My other problem is just as frustrating, and I know a number of Mac users have been plagued with the

same problem of their laptops suddenly not recognizing their routers.

I have a first generation Apple Extreme and I can no longer print via wifi from my MacBookPro.

(i.e., i have an Epson C120 that i previously could print from remotely). I am receiving wifi just fine

otherwise, but airport utility says "no configured airport base stations have been found'. All our other

Apple/Mac devices DO recognize the AE as such, including my wife's MacAir, two iPhones, and two iMacs,

and my airport utility App on my iPhone says so as well.

If you have any advice or remedy for me to resolve this I would be most grateful. In the meantime,

thanks again for your quick response and expertise. Cheers! Greg in Williamsburg VA.

Aug 9, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Gregory Proios

running at least AirPort Utility 6.3.1 available here?:

AirPort Utility 6.3.1 for Mac

6.3.2 shipped with Mavericks, and current version for Mac is 6.3.5, but requires 10.10 Yosemite.

--------

That said, not being able to administer your Router from your current Mac should have no bearing whatsoever on your Wi-Fi performance through that same Router.

What do you get when you hold down the Option key and click on the Wi-Fi icon in the menubar?

User uploaded file

what PHY Mode?

what channel?

what RSSI?

Transmit rate?

How many other networks do you see?

Aug 9, 2015 1:47 PM in response to Gregory Proios

Your other numbers look fine, but you are on the slower 2.4 GHz channel, which may mean you are a bit far away from your Router. But speeds look fine.

If you have Airport Utility 6.3.2, you should be able to administer that Router, unless you are on a different subnet. Use

System preferences > Network > Wi-Fi

and what is your Router's IP address,

what is your Mac's IP Address,

and from another Mac or iDevice, what is your Printer's IP Address?

Aug 10, 2015 8:36 AM in response to Gregory Proios

Network Printer Troubleshooting

Page Setup Dialog

Paper Sizes - Custom

Ping printer: If you have the printers IP address open Terminal (Applications/Utilities) and at the prompt type: ping {printerIP}. You will get a reply or failure.

If you haven't done so already, try resetting the printing system.

OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system also Yosemite

WiFi Printer to WiFi Network - Connect

A suspicious folder named "Youppes"(?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.