Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI is greyed out on an IPhone 4S with iOS 8.4. Resets didn't help.

WIFI is greyed out on an IPhone 4S. It has been fine till a week ago.

It has the latest os (8.4) and I've tried the "reset network settings" AND "reset all settings". Still can't turn on WIFI. Any current suggestions?

Modem firmware is 5.5.00

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4, 32 gb memory. 20 free

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 9:26 AM

8 replies

Aug 15, 2015 9:14 AM in response to RevKev55

Hi. WiFi on my iPhone 4s also got greyed out after updating to iOS 8.4. (I updated it yesterday to iOS 8.4.1 but nothing changed). The thing is, I went to certificated Apple service and they've replaced WiFI chip. Everything was working fine for about a week or so and then WiFi got dimmed again. So I send it back and they've replaced it again, since I got service warranty, but the problem came back. I know there is a big chance that motherboard is faulty but the thing is everything works fine except WiFi. Off course battery is draining fast after the update but phone is working fine. BEfore update battery could last 2 days, now 8 hours barely.

So my question is, did someone on this forum tried to replace battery and this way fixed broken WIFI. I read somewhere on some blog bellow at comments, way back when iOS 8 was released, that this actually worked and by replacing the old with new battery WiFi was alive again. Please share some info regarding the battery.

Aug 15, 2015 9:20 AM in response to danyboy2012

danyboy2012 wrote:

So my question is, did someone on this forum tried to replace battery and this way fixed broken WIFI. I read somewhere on some blog bellow at comments, way back when iOS 8 was released, that this actually worked and by replacing the old with new battery WiFi was alive again. Please share some info regarding the battery.

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or return to where you had it service previously. They will evaluate it. They will be able to tell you if changing the battery will help.

WIFI is greyed out on an IPhone 4S with iOS 8.4. Resets didn't help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.