Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to export a database using AppleWorks 6

How to export a database using Appleworks 6

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 8:16 AM

3 replies

Aug 9, 2015 1:18 PM in response to marcuslehmann

The question poses even more, due to the lack of information from you about its use.

AppleWorks 6 has been obsoleted, and some years ago, the transition to other software

was limited by the nature of this application. Some were able to use various means then

available to save, export, or re-use their documents in other software.

Without more information (about which OS X, or older MacOS) including export to what,

this remains an incomplete question. I have older Macs with AppleWorks 6.2 and not

enough created documents to move into other software. And I also have iWorks, plus

newer segmented former iWorks 'apps' in a more recent OS X. Plus some MS Office

versions that I no longer run, for vintage obsolete Mac system configurations I've owned.

A general search may yield some ideas on what others had tried to do. Some of these

may rely on equally vintage or presently outdated alternatives no longer available:

•AppleWorks 6 export database - a search result:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=AppleWorks+6+export+database&t=ffsb

However you may wish to proceed, other visitors may be able to offer advice should

you post additional information showing the missing specific details of this situation.

Good luck in any event...! 🙂

Aug 9, 2015 2:06 PM in response to K Shaffer

LibreOffice can import at least some AppleWorks databases into a spreadsheet format, though all formatting will be lost, and calculation fields will come over as the result, not the formula.

Nothing else can import these databases. The only way to transfer one is to export it as ASCII (plain text), for which of course you need to have a working copy of AppleWorks. Then you can import the result into another database program, though of course again formatting and calculation formulae will be lost.

This page examines alternative database programs, though there isn't a lot of choice: http://rfwilmut.net/notes/aw/page5.html

how to export a database using AppleWorks 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.