Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had my mac fixed and updated but lost word/excel, now how do I manage and read documents saved on external hard drive?

Was having a lot of trouble with Mac os so had it updated to Lion 10.7.5 with more memory. Only problem which I found out after the fact is that my Word/excel is not compatible with new system. I have my files backed up on external HD but can not open them, it says application Microsoft word can't open because powerpc applications are no longer supported. Will anything help me open my files. Lost a lot of stuff.

Mac os x, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 11:44 AM

There are no replies.

Had my mac fixed and updated but lost word/excel, now how do I manage and read documents saved on external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.