Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manual backup on iPhone 6 not working

i just bought 200 gb of iCloud storage and tried to do a manual backup but for the last hour and a half all its said "backing up" but hasn't made any progress. estimating time remaining..." but never gave a time.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 1:47 PM

Backup Troubleshooting

5 replies

Dec 23, 2016 8:44 PM in response to Community User

I am facing exactly the same issue: I've bought an iPhone 7 and need a backup my iPhone 6, which has used 80 Gb of its 128 total, and wanted an iCloud backup (not iTunes), so I upgraded to 200 Gb of iCloud storage (confirmed that the upgrade did give me the additional storage), went to Settings > iCloud > Backup > Backup Now (yes, iCloud is turned on). It says it is backing up, and shows a tiny bit of the blue progress line, but it just spins and spins, with no "estimated time remaining". I turned the phone off, left it for 15 minutes, then turned it on and tried again (either manually as described above, or plugged into outlet, wifi on, screen locked) -- no luck. I have looked through all of the Troubleshooting info, cited (below) by Eric Root, which is of no help with this particular issue. I had read through all of that long before attempting this manual backup, and finally looking for help in the forum here!

Manual backup on iPhone 6 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.